Why Buy a Used RV
The Truth About RV Depreciation
RV depreciation is a major factor in buying new vs used RV's. In fact, we recommend that our customers buy a used RV rather than a new one the majority of the time.
- A brand new $100,000 RV 1 year ago in 2021 is now only worth about $81,000
- A brand new $100,000 RV 5 years ago in 2017 is now most likely only worth $65,000.
- A brand new $100,000 RV 10 years ago in 2012 is now only worth about $48,000.
- And a brand new $100,000 RV 15 years ago in 2007 is now only worth about $29,000.
What Does RV Depreciation Mean to You?
Your optimal time for buying an RV depends on what your budget is, how much money you will have available for any potential repairs that come up in the next couple of years, and how important it is to you to be the first to use the RV. Used RV's that are at least a year old have already lost about 20% of their value. That's a major depreciation alone. Anyting beyond that may be seen as icing on the . But it can take 10 years to lose more than 2 times the depreciation of the first year.
Which Type of RV Holds Its Value Best
Smaller, Class C RV's hold their value best by depreciating on average only 34.7% over the first 5 years, while their larger counterparts the Class A RV's depreciated by about 36.6% over the first 5 years of ownership. Now, this is only 2% difference, but with a Class A RV costing $100,000 or more that 2% adds up quickly.
Buy an RV At Least 1 Year Old
Save yourself the average 20% depreciation difference and buy an RV at least one year old or at least get a great deal on that new RV that someone realizes they no longer want or need to sell for cash quickly.
Shop Used RV's and Motorhomes at Your RV Broker
Save big by working with real people directly through our RV sales team at Your RV Broker. We have a list of reasons why you should choose our dealership that customers simply can't ignore:
- All RVs are located on-site at our dealership and are available for an in-person viewing or virtual tour via Facetime, messenger, skype, duo, zoom
- Your RV Broker handles the hard work for a safe and secure transaction. Read our 5 Star Google Reviews
- Title transfers
- O down payment financing options are - available for qualified buyers
- Extended warranties
- We accept most trades
- Loan payoffs
- Your RV Broker is a Licensed Bonded
- Registered with the Texas DMV
- OCCC Licensed
- Texas DMV Licenses GDN # P1356565 GDN # P158320X