The larger RV’s are great and come with a lot of amenities, but not everyone really believes in “bigger is better”. Whether it’s the maintenance, the cost, or just the effort of driving a huge RV, some people prefer the smaller RV’s.
Buying a small RV is also a great first RV for those who are new to the lifestyle. Buying a smaller one allows a new RVer to be introduced to the lifestyle without the risk of a massive investment of the more expensive RV’s. If you’re in the market for a small RV, keep reading below.
The smallest class of RV is the Class B Motorhome, always commonly referred to as a camper van. They’re just under the Class C which is the mid-sized choice of RV. These are great for those new to the RV lifestyle thanks to their size while still maintaining a decent amount of RV’s.
Especially for a first-time buyer, the different sizes and styles for RV’s that are for sale can be a bit overwhelming. Luckily, the team at Your RV Broker has decades of combined experience with pairing people with the perfect RV that fits their needs. That includes the smaller used RV’s for sale, which we constantly have on our lot.
Safety and trust is important for the new RV buyer. All of the small RV’s that we sell go through an inspection process to ensure there is nothing wrong with it. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality service, and we don’t settle for less.
Class C RV
Looking for something a little bigger than a Class B Motorhome? The Class C is the next best choice. They’re slightly larger, more like driving a box truck instead of a van. Because of this, they are going to be slightly more difficult to drive than a Class B. On the other side, though, they could potentially have more space and more amenities. If you’re a first time buyer looking at a used small RV, it’s vital to do your research to determine which RV matches your style.
Advantages Of A Small RV
The smaller Class B Motorhome and Class C RV have a ton of advantages despite their small sizes. No matter what size an RV is and what amenities it has, a small RV still has its perks. Here are just a few great advantages of buying a small RV:
- Towing - despite the smaller size, most Class B RV’s have towing capability. It may be somewhat limited due to its size, but towing a small car or even a trailer is definitely possible.
- Easier Driving - Thanks to their smaller size, a Class B RV is much easier to drive than their big brother. A Class B is more maneuverable, easier to park, and easier to get into smaller spots.
- Features - Because of innovations in technology and engineering, newer small RV’s actually have a lot of amenities and features for their size. Always make sure to check the features of a used RV to make sure it’s the one that you want.
- Day Trips - With their smaller size, these RV’s are great for day trips or short adventures. There is a lot less preparation needed, so it’s easy to get in and just go somewhere. Small RV’s are also a great choice for events where there is tailgating.
- Comfort - One big advantage to the smaller size is comfort while driving. Because they have smaller frames, Class B RVs have a much smoother drive and they drive more like a van.
Buy A Great Used Small RV Today
If you’re ready to buy a used small RV, get in touch with us at Your RV Broker. We’ll walk you through the process and what’s available, which is especially needed if you are a first-time buyer. Due to our innovative consignment process that focuses more on benefitting the seller, our inventory can go quick. Make sure you act now to start securing your small RV and give us a call.